Location: Nashua Area
Day Support Professional
The Day Support Professional is an integral part of the day program. He/She is responsible for working as a team member of the program. The Day Support Professional is directly responsible to the Day Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work to create an environment conducive to learning and the acquisition of skills.
- Assist in the development of appropriate scheduling and programming for participants.
- Maintain a caseload of between 4 and 6 individuals.
- Assist clinical staff in the assessment of individual skills development and implementation of appropriate programs, which may require physically assisting individuals, including lifting, passive restraints and hand over hand assistance.
- Maintain appropriate progress notes and pertinent records corresponding to Individual Support Plans and other pertinent record keeping requirements.
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living (ADL).
- Assist in the development and utility of community resources to further enhance the individual’s community experience.
- Safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of the individuals.
- Perform duties that ensure the health and safety of the individuals.
- Attend orientation, in-service and required trainings and regular staff meetings as outlined by the Manager.
- Maintain and monitor professional demeanor and conduct including punctuality, attendance, appearance and programmatic interactions.
- Follow the regulations, policies and procedures as outlined TILL, Inc. and by the funding agencies responsible for licensing and certifying the program.
- Complete any physical maintenance duties as may be necessary.
- Keep all exits, stairs, ramps and driveways free and clear of obstruction including snow and ice.
- Represent TILL, Inc. and individuals with developmental disabilities in a positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be 18 years of age or older Must possess functional English written and oral communication skills to effectively express individual needs and objectives. CPR and First Aid certifications are a condition of employment. This position includes providing direct care for the individuals including lifting individuals, passive restraints and hand-over-hand assistance.