Nurse Care Manager RN/LPN
Positions available in the North Shore, Merrimack Valley, South Shore, Metro West and Boston Metro areas
TILL provides essential support to adults with developmental disabilities, learning differences, acquired brain injury, and other specialized needs through a wide range of housing options, from structured, staffed, small group living to individualized support options.
The role of the Nurse Care Manager is, through collaboration, to facilitate good health care practice by assisting staff and providers in carrying out health care interventions, providing assessments and training. They continuously evaluate the plan through a series of ongoing communications and visits to ensure high quality care, client satisfaction and retention as well as opportunities to increase service hours.
The Nurse Care Manager works as a member of the nursing team within the Health Services department and reports directly to the Director of Health Services.
The hours are Monday-Friday 9-5 with some flexibility to start earlier or stay later when needed.
• Monitor and assess chronic and acute/episodic health care conditions for individuals and develop and maintain current health care plans in collaboration with the individuals’ multidisciplinary clinical team and program staff.
• Obtain up-to-date/current medical records for new referrals to assess health care needs and appropriateness of residential placement to the programs.
• Assist program staff and providers in maintaining complete, organized and accurate medical information as part of the confidential record.
• Assist staff and providers with scheduling and preparing for medical, dental and emergency appointments. Attend/accompany/transport individuals to appointments as needed which may require driving mini-van or wheelchair van providing transportation independently.
• Implement staff training programs, including but not limited to: Bloodborne Pathogens, Nutrition and topics specific to program sites and the unique medical conditions of their individuals to assist staff, providers, and individuals in understanding behaviors that promote good health, nutrition and personal hygiene and prevent illness such as ensuring appropriate infection control practices are followed.
• Provide on-call coverage as defined by policy for emergency and episodic conditions.
• Provide on-site supervision, medication administration, first aid and emergency care to individuals as needed.
• Assist in locating and coordinating medical resources (i.e., specialties).
• Must maintain current RN or LPN licensure in Massachusetts.
• Must have a minimum of two years nursing experience (RN) or five years (LPN) and preferably a background within the field of developmental disabilities or mental health.
• LPN preferred to be enrolled in an RN license program.
• A current driver’s license and car required. Must be able to drive or be trained to drive a mini-van and/or wheelchair van.
• Computer skills necessary with proficiency in Microsoft and G-Suite.
• Must be physically able to lift individuals. Must possess good verbal, written and computer skills to effectively communicate the needs of the individuals.
• BLS CPR is a condition of employment.
TILL is committed to creating a work environment which expands learning, offers career growth opportunities, and satisfaction in knowing that each of us can and does MAKE A DIFFERENCE in someone else’s life.
TILL offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees working 20hrs or more per week with:
• Competitive pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance plans
• Paid time off - generous vacation, holiday and sick time benefits
• A 403B retirement plan
• Recruitment bonuses, tuition and student debt opportunities, and discount tickets