Licensed Practical Nurse
TILL provides essential support to adults with developmental disabilities, learning differences, acquired brain injury, and other specialized needs through a wide range of housing options, from structured, staffed, small group living to individualized support options.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for assisting in the coordination and provision of health care services. The goal of nursing care is to ensure that each individual reaches and maintains his/her optimal level of functioning in the least restrictive environment. The Licensed Practical Nurse works as a member of the nursing team within the Health Services department and reports directly to the Director of Health Services and Residential RN.
• Monitor and manage routine and episodic health care and medical needs as defined in the individual health care plans and as needs arise.
• Administer individual medications and treatments as prescribed.
• Ensure proper storage of all medications and medical supplies in accordance with state regulations.
• Keep residence staff and day programs informed of health problems.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Maintain current and complete medical files.
• Write episodic and monthly health care progress notes.
• Assist with writing and implementing health care plans in conjunction with RN.
• Participate in routine direct care activities, including personal care and hygiene, mealtime activities, individual activities and programs.
• Implement individual training programs, including, but not limited to, self-medication, tooth brushing and feeding programs.
• Schedule and accompany all individuals to high profile medical and dental appointments, and act as a liaison.
• Accompany and assisting individuals with emergency evaluations and treatments.
• Assist in in-service staff training
• Current LPN license
• 1 year experience preferred
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
• Good written and oral communication skills to communicate individuals’ needs and goals
• Ability to physically assist individuals in activities of daily living, including lifting, hand-over-hand assistance, and passive restraints required
• Experience working with individuals who have developmental disabilities preferred
• CPR certification is a condition of employment