Senior Staff Day Support Professional
TILL’s Day programs offer person-centered skill development and supports to adults with developmental disabilities, learning differences, acquired brain injury, and other specialized needs. Our unique TILL Now curricula provides the framework for individualized interests and learning experiences. Each six-week unit centers around one topic or theme, with opportunities for engagement with material in a variety of settings and modalities.
Senior Day Support Professional is an integral part of the day program. He/She is responsible for assisting the Manager in running a program cluster group on a daily basis. The Senior Day Support Professional is accountable to the Day Program Manager.
TILL’s Day program schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. Part-time schedules available at the Maynard program.
• Supervise Day Support Professionals and maintain monthly supervision records
• Work directly with individuals which may include physical assistance such as lifting, passive restraints, hand-over-hand assistance, and personal hygiene
• Oversee ASP/ISP process and participate in the individuals’ skills assessment
• Assist in the training of cluster DSPs, and monitor staff implementation of training methods and behavioral techniques
• Assist Program Manager with administrative duties including but not limited to maintaining confidential records, developing cluster activities and schedules, and reviewing new referrals
• Ensure program stays running at optimal performance in the absence of the Program Manager
• Submit weekly facilities requests to Program Manager
• Work collaboratively with Program Manager on Day Support Professional Evaluations and disciplinary memos, HCSIS, and DPPC reporting
• BA/BS in human services, psychology or related field and a minimum of one years’ experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
• Associates degree requires two years’ of experience
• GED requires four years’ experience
• Candidate must be 18 years of age or older
• Good written and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate individuals’ needs and train staff
• Ability to write ISP objectives
• CPR and First Aid certification is a condition of employment
• Valid dirver’s license required
• Position may include some lifting
TILL is committed to creating a work environment which expands learning, offers career growth opportunities, and satisfaction in knowing that each of us can and does MAKE A DIFFERENCE in someone else’s life.
TILL offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees working 20hrs or more per week with:
• Competitive pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance plans
• Paid time off - generous vacation, holiday and sick time benefits
• A 403B retirement plan with employer match
• Recruitment bonuses, tuition and student debt opportunities, and discount tickets