Senior Day Support Professional
Type: Full Time
TILL’s Day programs offer person-centered skill development and supports to adults with developmental disabilities, learning differences, acquired brain injury, and other specialized needs. Our unique TILL Now curricula provides the framework for individualized interests and learning experiences. Each six-week unit centers around one topic or theme, with opportunities for engagement with material in in a variety of settings and modalities.
In coordination with physical, occupational, or speech therapies, this enriching setting maximizes social skill development and self-direction through extensive community involvement and variety in choice and activities.
Senior Day Support Professionals are an integral part of the Day Services Team, overseeing the ISP process and providing quality support to meet each person’s unique needs, assisting participants with all components of their individual support plan, including personal care, independent living skills, self-advocacy, and recreational activities according to the individual's needs, abilities, and choices. These essential services may require physical assistance and/or lifting.
TILL’s Day program schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm. Full time positions available. Starting salary $41,600, with opportunities for advancement.
- Provide essential supports to program participants, including personal care, independent living skills, self-advocacy, and recreational activities according to the individual's needs, abilities, and choices. safety training and positive behavioral supports.
- Oversee the development and implementation of individual support plans, to identify and develop person-centered goals and plans to address any concerns, wants or needs.
- Supervise Day Support Professionals and assist in training behaviorally based teaching methodology techniques.
- Assist individuals with planning and implementation of daily activity schedules and routines, including engaging learning and social/recreational activities.
- Supervise staff to ensure completion of all required data collection and documentation.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings, annual ISP meetings, and all required trainings.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older
- BA/BS in human services, psychology or related field, or appropriate combination of education and experience is required
- One or more years of work experience in a position in a position with writing and implementing individual goals and objectives is required
- Good written and verbal skills to effectively communicate individual needs and objectives, as well as good interpersonal skills are required
- CPR and First Aid certification is a condition of employment
- This position includes providing direct care for the individuals including lifting, passive restraint, and hand-over-hand assistance
TILL is committed to creating a work environment which expands learning, offers career growth opportunities, and satisfaction in knowing that each of us can and does MAKE A DIFFERENCE in someone else’s life.
TILL offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees working 20hrs or more per week with:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance plans
- Paid time off - generous vacation, holiday and sick time benefits
- A 403B retirement plan with employer match
- Recruitment bonuses, tuition and student debt opportunities, and discount tickets
Positions available in Billerica, Chelsea and Watertown.